Posted March 1, 2021
• Receive, identify, label, and process specimens as required for COVID-19 processing.
• Labeling of specimen containers, slide(s), and any other materials submitted by the client.
• Ability to handle all specimen types.
• Multi-task between different types of requisitions.
• Maintain departmental production goals to ensure hourly specimen flow to the labs are consistent.
• Review, transcribe, and enter demographic and specimen data into the laboratory information system with 100% accuracy.
• Recognize specimen problems and refer to designated personnel.
• File Requisition Slips, glass slides, and paraffin blocks assisting Laboratory Aide(s) as needed.
• Perform supply maintenance and clean-up duties to help workflow and efficiency.
• Candidates will be reading and entering data information that come from labels that were previously on specimen bags.
• They will handle sealed COVID-19 samples and wear proper personal protective equipment and follow World Health Organization's guidelines.
sample prep, data entry, specimen handling, specimen pick up, Data entry, Specimen processing, Sample, Laboratory, Medical, Accessioning
MUST be able to type at least 30 WPM Alpha and Neumeric - we will administer this test
high school diploma/GED
Must understand that they will be processing COVID-19 samples with proper PPE required
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.