Posted February 25, 2021
Marathon TS is looking for Data Entry Clerks to support a newly awarded contract. All candidates should have the following:Essential Duties and Responsibilities:• Receives and distributes paper shipping records; electronic data files and electronic data uploads.• Records information in logs and in automated tracking systemsor other electronic information or record keeping systems concerning files (e.g., adding, deleting, updating, modifying, and correcting tracking records; scanning files; checking files in and checking them out; transferring files; retiringfiles; recycling files; etc.)• Researches information systems and finding aids to identify and locate files.• Identifies, organizes, describes, and labels record materials, as necessary.• Interfiles documents into files, refile sections, create new file sections physically and on the electronic system, label files, and attach bar code labels to them, scan documents; create electronic file folders.• Retrieves files and process them for delivery to requestors.
• Maintains files, including the removal of duplicate copies of records, the preparation of substitute closure forms when missing, the replacement of worn or improperly labeled folders, the redistribution of files on the shelves, etc
• Prepares files for transfer to other units or for retirement to the federal records center by labeling, listing, boxing, and otherwise processing them.
• Conducts regular shelf reading and other quality control inventories of files being maintained in all paper and electronic formats. Non-Essential Duties
• Other duties as assigned Supervisory Responsibilities
• NONE Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
• High School diploma/GED required
• 6 months of on-the-job experience using a computer terminal, a scanner and electronic document management tools and software.
• Must possess a valid driver's license. Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Knowledge of filing procedures and techniques.
• Ability to maintain files, including the ability to interpret and apply records policy and filing techniques in a variety of situations; and a firm grasp of numerical, alphabetical, and chronological sequencing.
• Ability to type proficiently.
• Ability to work individually, in teams, and interact tactfully with Government staff.
• Ability to read, write and speak English and understand and follow procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to deal simultaneously and calmly with several crises; to determine the relative importance of each; to recognize important users of the service and to accord to them priority attention; to discern the true nature of problems from imprecise descriptions; and to refer problems to the proper individuals for resolution Diversity
• Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce. Ethics
• Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Physical Demands
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds numerous times during the course of a day . Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Work Environment
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment?