This position is responsible for entering information into the company’s data base/computer system in order to facilitate the documentation and information retrieval process for all import/export transactions performed by the company within the Traffic Department. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year experience as data entry clerk.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to type at least 40 wpm accurately with minimal errors.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish (verbal and written) in a business environment.
- Possess basic computer skills in programs, in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to operate office machines, such as photocopiers, scanners, fax, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Ability to process alpha numeric information.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multi-task, prioritize and have strong initiative.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify bill of lading information received and type information in English and commodity information in Spanish into computer.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Meet required deadlines for manifest.
- Assist Traffic Coordinator on various clerical duties.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Subject to physical is required along with other tests as applicable.
- The employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage.
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary.
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
- Participate in safety meetings and training.
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Traffic Manager and does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Indoors office - Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.